Free Phylogenetic Network Software | InformationThe Network package offers:
- Specific data entry options for
- DNA sequences or nucleotide sequences,
- Amino sequences or protein sequences,
- STR (short tandem repeat) or microsatellite data,
- Language/linguistic or manuscript data.
- Two independent methods for arriving at optimal networks, namely:
- Reduced Median networks Bandelt et al. (1995) for binary data, and
- Median-Joining networks Bandelt et al. (1999) for all types of data.
- Neat skeleton phylogenies for large data sets using Star Contraction preprocessing.
- Age estimation for ancestral nodes or branching points.
- Forward simulation and mismatch distribution.
Instructions for data types and choice of methods are explained in the Network menus. Published examples are included in the download. A user guide (pdf, 2MB) is available on the Network download page.
Current Version: Network 188.8.131.52., released 20 December 2012, expiry date 1 January 2014.
Network User Guide updated 20 December 2012.